Why work for the
fastest-growing citY in america?
The Cape Coral Police Department is a full-service law enforcement agency serving the citizens of Cape Coral, Florida. Cape Coral, the second largest city in Florida (by land area) and the most populous city between Tampa and Miami. Cape Coral is a beautiful waterfront boating community with over 220,000 full-time residents.
The Cape Coral Police Department is one of the fastest-growing agencies in Florida. We are accredited internationally by the Commission for Accreditation of Law Enforcement Agencies (CALEA). Cape Coral Police Department is an industry leader in police training, technology, and community engagement.
We have over 300 sworn officers and 101 non-sworn professional staff, dedicated to keeping our community safe. The Cape Coral Police Department has several units including: Patrol, Investigations, Traffic, K9, Aviation, Marine, and others, to serve the varied needs of our community.
• 1st-year officers can make over $63,883 with the additional holiday pay and night differential.
• 14 calendar day work cycle of 80 hours – Once begun, the workweek shall not be altered solely to avoid the payment of overtime.
• Assignment Pays $60 bi-weekly or $35 bi-weekly, depending on the assignment.
• Shift Differential pay $1.00 or $2.00 per hour, depending on experience.
• 12 paid holidays
• Annual leave is accrued at 16.67 hours to 23.36 hours per month, based on experience.
• Retirement age is 52 with ten years of credited service or 27 years of credited service regardless of age.
• The City of Cape Coral Police Department also has the most lucrative retirement program in SW Florida.
• We offer education reimbursement up to $3,500 per year.
To become the premier law enforcement agency in Florida, striving to attain the highest level of safety for our community.
To ensure the safety and well-being of our community through a partnership with our citizens.
We value professionalism as the ideal conduct that is based upon the uncompromising virtues of character that embraces public trust and promotes the relentless pursuit of justice.